Friday, April 1, 2011

hard work (sometimes) pays off

Today's blog is going to be a picture-filled posting (my personal fave)! 

It took me quite some time (4 years to be exact) to figure out what the heck I wanted to do with the rest of my life. I went back and forth between teaching, interior design, home staging, teaching again, etc. None of those options stuck around long enough-- so I knew they weren't what I was meant to do.

Finally, one thing that had always intrigued me popped back into my head; Event Planning. There is something that is so exciting to me about throwing myself into the most chaotic situation possible and having the weight of knowing that I must please and execute to the best of my abilities (or better). And so my journey began, and continues. I am currently attending school at ACC to become a professional Event Planner. Although the journey thus far, has been very different than I could ever have imagined, it has been a very good learning experience, and has helped me realize even more, how much I want to make a career out of it.

The photos below were taken at an event that I planned:











I am very proud of the work I accomplished, and what it took to execute this, giving the limited resources I had available. Now, if only I got paid for it! C'mon April!!!! (grad-u-muh-cation!)

Now for a more important topic: Lunch! I'm such a smarty pants and didn't bring anything to eat today, so I whipped up a couple makeshift pizzas. I used 2 slices of honey whole wheat bread, about a tblsp. of marinara on each slice, a couple pinches of Parmesan, and a few sprinkles of mozzarella cheese. I also munched on some celery sticks to satisfy my need for crunch. Viola!

 Super delish & not too terribly unhealthy! 

The twins are actually napping at the same time right now (knock on wood), so off to accomplish some homework before job numero dos! See ya on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment