Sunday, May 1, 2011

pulled bbq chicken sammich

Okay, so... I'm realizing my blog is becoming more and more about food??!! Not sure that it was the direction I had planned to go in when I started, BUT I think I'm starting to really like it! And that's all that matters, right? RIGHT?! Heh..

So today I have pretty much the easiest recipe in the world for ya. Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches. Yummy! If you've got a crockpot, you can make this meal! All you need is a few chicken breasts, chicken broth, bbq sauce, and buns (the kind made of bread).

Cook the chicken in the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours. Once the time is up, use 2 forks to pull apart the chicken. It's super easy, and pretty much falls apart on it's own.

shredded chicken
Next, stir in the bbq sauce. I wasn't in the mood for a sweet, honey bbq flavor, so I chose to use Stubb's brand. It's got a little twangy kick to it. And it's super tasty! I also only added a light coating, knowing that not everybody likes their chicken as saucy as me!

 


it's sooo saucaaayyy!
After the sauce is stirred in, you're done! Simple, eh? Told ya! Now grab yourself a bun and topple on the chicken! I made sure to add lots of extra sauce to give my bun a little sog texture... so. darn. good.

soak it up!

party in muh mouf!
I basically had a party in my mouth and had to fight myself to not eat another sammich. Yeah, they were THAT good. If you own a crockpot, you've got no excuses to not try this meal, seeing as how you can just "sit it, and forget it". Hope you guys enjoy!

 - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Okay-- so a few side notes. I added a few new "moves" to my workout yesterday, I just about can't pick up my legs to walk. Err... I knew about 2 hours after the initial workout that I was going to be sore, but I did not think that it was going to be this bad. I feel like a grandma walking around holding my back! At least I'll be a sexy grandma! Yee haw!

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

After seeing Truvia all around the blogger world lately, my curiosity got the best of me and I purchased some. Slight problem, I don't ever add sweetener to anything I drink/eat... so IDK what to use it on. Oops! I'm thinking maybe a mug of tea? Who knows! I am gladly accepting suggestions!


See you guys lata!

No comments:

Post a Comment