Monday, May 9, 2011

blogger identity

Hey hey hey! We made it through another Monday, yippe!

Tonight I've got a touch of baking to do. I'll definitely be sharing the recipe with you all (tomorrow, possibly). Let's just say I am SUPER excited about this one. It's something I absolutely love love love to eat! Stay tuned!

As for tonight, I wanted to talk to you guys about finding your blogger voice. When I started blogging, I honestly had no idea what direction I wanted to go in. Food, fitness, health, work?? The options were endless and I had no idea what the heck to do or where to start. So, what did I do?

1. I just started writing. I chose something I liked, and rolled with it.

this writing thing stinks
2. I keep in mind that while I want other people to read my blog, and I want them to be truely interested and enjoy reading what I have to say, I also make it a point that I enjoy what I write about. What good would it be to write something that means nothing to me? There would be no passion, no substance, and most of all no voice. When I read something, I want to be able to hear a voice shine through. I want to feel like I know the person writing, whether I do or not.

3. I got connected. I joined Twitter, and began following other bloggers that write about my interests. I can honestly say, that this was one of the best choices I have ever made. I never knew how many bloggers there were out there, and it makes me extremely happy to know that there are other people in this world that are doing the same thing as I am. This also helped me find out what I really wanted to write about. I found that by reading other's blogs, I could learn what really sparks my interest, and from there I was able to pin point exactly what I wanted to write about.

4. Make sure you love what you do. I don't think I can explain how insanely happy and excited it makes me every time I get an email stating that someone left a comment on my blog. I truely enjoy and appreciate every single one of you that has taken the time to read my blog, and come back to read it again. Besides, if you aren't enjoying what you're talking about, it will shine through in your writing. And nobody, I mean nobody wants to read boring crap. Well, at least I don't.

oh, you bore me with your doo doo writing
So, now you're probably wondering... what is the focus of my blog? Well, it's clearly been a little bit about fitness, health, life changes, and most importantly food. And that's the way I plan to keep it.

With that being said, when I started my blog, I chose a name that I thought sounded beautiful, and it did actually have meaning to what I thought I would be writing about. Now that my focus has changed, and I have found my voice, the name is going to change as well. I hope you guys are ready for a complete blog makeover of Living With Grace. While the name and design may be changing, the voice behind LWG is not, and I hope that you all continue to come back, and continue to read. Within the next few weeks you will notice the changes rolling out. I'm excited, hope you are too!


Questions of the night:

How did you find your blogger identity?

How did you decide on a name for your blog?

4 comments:

  1. A Rose by any other name is still.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I changed my blogs name too after i found a focus on what i loved writing about! In the beginning most of the people who were reading my blog found it through my twitter/facebook posts! can't wait to see how yours changes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still trying to figure out my blogger identity. I literally just started it a couple of days.

    I chose the name Journey to Strong because that's what I aspire to be. Not only physically but in my mind and soul as well.

    Can't wait to see your changes

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh, i like your current name, but i can't wait to see what's coming!

    ReplyDelete