Saturday, May 28, 2011

im not a bitch

Hello and happy Saturday! I hope your weekends have started off superbly!

Aint I puuurddy??
Sorry for the scary, picture. I'm in the process of curling my hurr as I type up this post. I thought I'd squeeze in a quick and breezy post before I head out of town for the weekend. As much as I love all of you, I have a feeling relaxing on a ranch gazing up at the stars > blogging. Please forgive me, k?

I really wanted to talk about something that happened last night while I was waiting tables. This has really bothered me more than I think it should, and I could use some advice from you guys.

Everything is going normal, and all of a sudden a huge crowd of people were surrounding a table of guests. Apparently, a woman that was sitting at the table had fainted. She had eaten, and was only on her second beer, so clearly it wasn't due to mal-nutrition and she wasn't by any means drunk. She was there with her friends and her daughter (who was probably in her early 20s). She immediately came to, but an ambulance was called anyway, as it should have been. The ambulance came, took her vitals, spent about 20 minutes with her and then left. She and her friends stayed at the retaurant for about another 2 hours just chit catting.

Now, while all of this is happening, I'm making sure to just stay out of the way, and let the retaurant managers deal with it. I'm not going to go sticking my nose into business that isn't mine. Of course, if they needed anything, I'd get it for them in a heart beat. With that being said, I notice that throughout the rest of the duration that the women were sitting there, they started talking about how "they know the owners of the restuarant and they are definitely going to take care of it." My first thought is... what are the owners going to take care of? Why are they mad at our establishment for her sickness? Something that we have no control over. Whatever. I dropped it and moved on with my night. I continued working, but I couldn't help notice that the daughter kept staring at me. Every time I looked over at their table, she was turned around shooting me evil looks. Maybe I'm just crazy and she's looking at something else. Maybe. Hopefully. For about 30 minutes, this mean-mugging went on. Seeing that they had closed out their tabs when all of the comotion was taking place, I thought maybe they needed to order something else. Finally, I went over to the table and asked if everything was okay, and if they needed anything. The daughter immediately turned her head and wouldn't even speak to me. I asked again, and the rest of the women smiled and said that they were fine. Cool. So what's this girl's problem? Whatever it is, she's going to have to deal with it herself, because I'm not about to start anything with anybody and risk loosing my job. Done and done.

Eventually, the women decided to leave, and as they were walking out, a co-worker of mine told them to have a nice night, and I smiled polititely. As that happened, the daughter looked at me, turned to one of the other women, and then proceeded to say "BITCH! Did you see that girl laughing?" HOLD. THE. PHONE. Did she just call me a bitch?? Both my co-worker and I were in awe. Seriously, I felt my chin hit the floor. I couldn't believe it. Yeah, I've been called a bitch before. That's not what upsets me. What really gets to me, is the fact that this girl truely believed that I was standing there for 2 hours laughing at the face that her mom was sick. Really???? Never in my right mind would I EVER make fun of somebody for needed medical assistance. Coming from somebody that has called an ambulance twice in the last 3 months for their own father, I don't find anything remotely funny about it.

So why did she think that? What did she think she heard/saw me saying that would give her this idea? Did I make the wrong facial expression at her? I know I couldn't have said anything that would have put this idea in her head, because the only words I spoke to her was "are you doing okay?" Is this girl just a looney tune that has no idea what she's doing or does she genuinely think she heard me say something about the situation? Whatever it may be, a big part of me is super upset about it. And I wish that I could tell her all of this. But then I wonder if it would even matter. Would she even believe me? Or would she just think I'm lying to her? I guess I will never know, but I hope that everyone can take something from this. You don't know everything that other's are thinking. Even if you think you do... you don't.

With that being said, I'm off to spend the weekend with the people I love that know me and love me too! I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment