Friday, March 25, 2011

snack attack

As of recently, I have been trying to come up with new lunch/snack ideas for the boys (milo & finn). An all-time favorite has been worn out. That's right folks, peanut butter toast is no longer good enough for the twinkies. It was a sad day for us all(me). Being the smart cookie that I am, I realized the lacking factor in this snack-- jelly. How could I forget the jelly? I never forget jelly on MY PB&J(s)! Plain.Jane.Rude.

Jelly these babies need, so jelly these babies will receive!! And not just any jelly... Smucker's Red Plum Jam, aka The Bomb Dot Com. I couldn't wait for these kiddos get a taste of what their SamSam slathers between her whole-wheat bread. Or so I thought. My, oh, my. There I go being forgetful once again. Munchkins should definitely not have the amount of sugar that is tucked away in that ooey-gooey goodness. Another sad moment here in baby-ville. Once again my brain goes to work... low & behold! ding ding ding! we've got a winner! Bananas (this s--- is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S. Gotta love a little Gwen). I proceeded to make the usual peanut butter toast on Central Market's honey whole wheat bread, but then in place of my precious jam, I mooshed a one inch(about) piece of banana and smeared that on top of the PB. Needless to say, it was delish and worked like a charm! Babies devoured it, saying "mmMMm" after every bite. You bet your britches I gave myself a pat on the back for that one. Have you ever tried to get two 16mo. old boys to eat? I'll stop there.

In the midst of my baby-eating feud, I noticed that I myself, have never had a peanut butter and banana sammich. My turn!!! I used half an Oroweat multi-grain sandwich thin, smeared on a little 365 Organic Creamy Peanut Butter (no added ingredients, just peanuts), and sliced up a little less than half a banana and placed on top-- I ate the rest of the banana while making the sandwich. The only thing I would change is the peanut butter, I like mine to be a touch sweeter, but this still fulfilled my craving. Here is the end result:

YUM!

Look out for a remixed version of this tasty treat soon! I've got a plan brewing already!

1 comment: