Tuesday, June 14, 2011

chocolate chip blondies

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I had some baking to do last night. If you can remember, I participated in a virtual bake sale, in hopes to raise money for the Susan G. Komen foundation for breast cancer. I ended up making a batch of my healthified oatmeal cookies, and will ship them off to the highest bidder!

Because the cookies wouldn't be sticking around for me to eat, I was inspired to continue on my baking for the evening and made a delicious pan of chocolate chip blondies. I've never eaten a blondie, let alone baked them... so this was very experimental to me! Fortunately, they turned out quite fantastic!

Being that I have never had blondies before, I wasn't sure what they were supposed to taste like. To me, they resembled more of a chocolate chip cookie bar. Maybe that's what they are supposed to be like? Either way, they were great!

Chocolate Chip Blondies:
1/2 c. melted butter
1 c. tightly packed brown sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 c. all purpose flour
1/4 c. chocolate chips
1/4 c. Reeses peanut butter chips

Whisk together melted butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla, and whisk until combined. Mix in the rest of the ingredients and whisk thoroughly. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool and enjoy.



Please note, these are highly addictive. I immediately ate two (yes, I burned my tongue) and wanted even more. Luckily, I was able to pawn them off onto my parents so I am blondie-free and can still feel good about that 2.5 mile run this morning.

PS- As always, DON'T forget to lick the whisk!

No comments:

Post a Comment